Alpha Performance R35 GT-R 15” Drag Wheel & Slick Package
If you are running a significant amount of horsepower over stock and are serious about ¼ mile drag racing, it is certainly in your best interest to invest in a set of drag wheels and slicks for your GT-R.
Reduce Wheel Hop and Tire Slip
Alpha Performance developed the Alpha Performance R35 GT-R 15” Drag Wheel & Slick Package to be a much better solution than any other drag radial or street tire options previously available. By incorporating the soft, flexible side wall of the compound drag slick to your GT-R’s setup, you are increasing traction by reducing wheel hop. The taller, flexible side walls absorb the shock and stress that would otherwise be violently transferred from your GT-R’s chassis to the ground if you used a street tire or drag radial. Rather than bouncing up and down, each slick acts as a damper to help maintain more consistent and prolonged contact with the ground.
In addition, the stickier compound helps your GT-R to reduce tire slip. This eliminates yet another potential variable that can hinder consistent performance when running down the track.
Save Your Prized Transmission From Wear & Tear
By reducing wheel hop, you are reducing the stress exerted on your transmission and other drivetrain components. When the high level of power and torque from your GT-R is being applied to the ground during a full out launch, wheel hop often occurs on street tires and even drag radials. When this violent shaking occurs it wreaks havoc on your $20,000+ GR6 transmission! In addition, it subjects your axles, differentials and other drivetrain components to abuse – all of which can be significantly reduced with our Alpha Drag Wheel & Slick Package.
Substantially Reduce Rotating Mass
Each wheel & tire of this package weighs in at a super light 42lbs! When compared to the average stock wheel & tire combo, you are shedding over 20lbs of rotating mass per corner. This is important because the less mass the engine and transmission have to move, the better the acceleration and low end power - not to mention less chance for drivetrain breakage.
One of the Most Important Investments You Can Make
Considering all the advantages this wheel and tire combo offers, most racers would agree, it’s a track upgrade that shouldn’t be overlooked when making higher-than-stock horsepower and torque. The result you get with the Alpha Performance R35 GT-R 15” Drag Wheel Package is improved 60ft times as well as more complete contact with the ground during launch, in between shifts and all the way down the drag strip. Ultimately, you will improve acceleration and braking, consistently lower ET’s and increase trap speeds when compared to a drag radial or street tire.
Tested on the World’s Quickest & Fastest GT-R – Alpha Omega
This drag wheel & slick combo is the exact one used on our Alpha Omega GT-R when it reset the GT-R ¼ mile record with a firstname.lastname@example.org pass! The Alpha 15” wheels and drag slicks provided all the grip to throw Omega into an AWD wheelie! Easier to do on a rear wheel drive drag car, but quite an achievement on a heavy AWD GT-R platform.
- 15” Aluminum 3 Piece (Available in 15x10” or 15x11”)
- 325 Series Race Compound Drag Radial
- Embossed Alpha Logo Spoke
- Complete with rim screws installed
- Optional Black or Custom Colors Available
- Reduce or eliminate wheel hop
- Reduce or eliminate tire spin
- Reduce rotating mass per wheel/tire by 20lbs (compared to stock wheel/tire)
- Improved acceleration and braking performance
- Eliminate excessive wear and tear on your drivetrain
- REQUIRES: Alpha Performance GT-R 15” Rear Knuckle Conversion Kit and Boost Logic GT-R Drag Racing Brake Kit and SPE Rear Camber Links.
- NOT FOR USE WITH REGULAR RADIAL TIRES IN FRONT. A low profile high performance street radial has very quick steering response, this is a really bad combination with the soft wall bias ply tires in back. Use only soft compound Drag Radial in the front when running rear slicks.
- THIS IS FOR TWO REAR WHEELS AND TIRES ONLY, FRONT WHEELS ARE NOT INCLUDED